英語生態遊 English-speaking Ecotour
範例 Sample for reference
其他英語生態旅遊行程可根據要求訂定 Other English-speaking ecotour can be tailor-made per customers' request.
Date： on request
Nam Fung Road Woodland was designated as a "Site of Special Scientific Interest" (SSSI) in 1993, with an area of 4 hectares. The woodland is on the southern slope of Mount Nicholson. It's the only mature forest on Hong Kong Island, dating back over 150 years. Some trees in the woodland area dozens metres high, and vines thrive. The main trees are Endospermum chinense. There are also some rare native tree species. The participants may first get off at Nam Fung Road near Deep Water Bay of the entry of Lady Clementi's Ride. The standard duration of exploring would last for 3 hours and stroll back along the same route.
Scientific Concepts: examples such as biological taxonomy, ecosystem, sub-tropical broad-leave woodland, fung shui woodland, trees and shrubs, etc.
植物事典：10種 Plant Encyclopaedia (10 species)
Elaborate its genus, morphological characteristics, medicinal value, interesting folk usage, etc.
例釋如下 Elucidation of examples as follows:
1. 山菍 (Rhodomyrtus tomentosa)
2. 山橙 (Fragrant Melodinus)
3. 牙香樹 (Aquilaria sinensis)
4. 黃牙果 (Lingnan Garcinia)
5. 金銀花 (Honeysuckle)
6. 香港大沙葉 (Hong Kong Pavetta)
7. 五味子 (Chinese Laurel)
8. 錫葉藤 (Sandpaper Vine)
9. 木荷 (Schima superba)
10. 光葉菝葜-土茯苓 (Glabrous Greenbrier)
英文辭彙 English Vocabulary：
1. Ecosystem, tropical forest ecosystem, freshwater ecosystem, ecological balance & footprint, heat stress.
2. Habitat, niche, species distribution, species diversity, ecosystem diversity.
3. Scientific classification or taxonomy (biology), kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species.
4. Sub-tropical broad-leaved woodland, fung shui woodland, highland woodland and climate change.
5. Tree (small, medium, large)
6. Shrub (large, small)
9. Herbs, fragrance
延伸考察 (Extension of field study)：
1. 城門風水林 (Shing Mun Fung Shui Woodland)
2. 馬鞍山梅子林風水林 (Mui Tsz Lam Fung Shui Woodland at Ma On Shan)
3. 大埔社山村風水林 (She Shan Fung Shui Woodland at Lam Tsuen Tai Po)
4. 大埔滘自然護理區 （Tai Po Kau Nature Reserve)
延伸學習 Extension of study：風水林 Fungshui woodland
We have provided ecotours for over 20 years also on topics of public interest. Other themes may include geo-ecotour, folk ecotour, ecotour of environmental or nature conservation topics as follows:
1. Plant-based outings: herbs of
preventive Chinese medicine, precious and rare plants, folk plants, wetland
plants, poisonous plants, wild vegetables, monumental trees, ferns, orchids,
2. Insects: firefly, butterfly, moth, dragonfly, stick insect, ladybird beetle, dung beetle, long-horned beetle, stink bug, lantern bug, bee fly, cicada, cricket, mantis, bee, wasp and hornet, etc.
3. Amphibians & reptiles: toads, frogs, newt, gecko, skink, salamander, chameleon, terrapin, even sea turtle, etc.
4. Birds: wetland birds, woodland birds, farmland birds, urban birds in public parks, raptors like osprey, eagles, hawks, buzzards, preregrines, etc., and cross-boundary seasonal birds can be watched along the coastal waters of some outlying islands.
5. Coral layer snorkeling: tropical forest beneath the sea, coral taxonomy, ecological functions, invertebrates including mollusk like sea urchin, sea cucumber, jellyfish, arthropod such as crabs, etc.
6. Geopark: Sai Kung, Tai Po sea, Mirs Bay, Double Heavens, topics including appreciation of rock aesthetics, the plate tectonics, volcanism & pumice, hexagonal columns, fossils in sedimentary rocks, mineralogy, earth science and environmental problems in sight.
7. Mammals: macaque in Kam Shan & Kowloon or Jubilee Reservoir, introducing some ethological topics like pecking order, animal cognition, evolutionary biology and genetic drift, buffalo in southern Lantau, feral cattle and conservation, or bats and ecological balance.
8. Shed Theatre Guangdong Opera: Guangdong opera has tour performance either for Tin Hau Festival or plague-related religious performance all year round throughout the territories. For instance, Tung Chung before Archduke Hau temple would scaffold a shed for such Guangdong opera to please the ghosts and gods. The second part would be an ecotour around Tung Chung river delta to learn seagrass, shells, and mangrove. There are already some publications to serve as guidebook.
9. Stargazing: summer & winter constellations, annual meteor shower such as Perseids (August), Gemini (December) and Quadrantid (January), topics including cosmology, heliophysics, solar storm, solar mass ejection, asteroids, habitable planet search, etc.
10. Environmental topics: global warming, extreme weather, impacts on different altitude in high mountain, such as Lantau Peak and Tai Mo Shan on plants, and low sea level habitats like Tai O, etc.
Enquiry & Enrolment:
WhatsApp 9494 6446 for your needs and special request and transfer deposits through FPS or PayMe 9494 6446 to confirm enrollment. We can offer package or incentive tour on request.